Note to Self: Think Before You Post
Before my thumb taps share,
I try to slow the rush,
ask myself who I’m really talking to,
and who I’m secretly aiming at
on that long, messy friends list
of cousins, coworkers, old classmates,
and people I barely remember meeting.
It’s funny how a screen
can make the world feel small
and the audience feel vague,
like I’m shouting into a fog
instead of speaking to real people
with real histories, real nerves,
real reasons for seeing things
the way they do.
Some posts are just steam,
pressure leaving the body.
And maybe that’s fine,
But maybe it belongs in a private message,
or a quiet conversation,
or a smaller circle that knows the backstory
and won’t mistake the tone.
Because social media isn’t a diary,
It’s a megaphone.
And once the words are out there,
they land where they land;
sometimes soft,
sometimes sideways,
sometimes nowhere near
where I meant them to go.
So I try to ask myself,
before I let the words fly,
Is this building anything?
Is this opening a door?
Or am I just adding more noise
to a room already too loud?
A little pause,
a little intention,
That’s all it takes
to turn a post
into something worth reading.
Be blessed.
wcd

No comments:
Post a Comment