I missed the evening news last night.
It could be that I just forgot.
Could be I didn’t care enough to remember.
The world kept right on spinning without my permission,
And the news anchor surely didn’t ask where I’d been.
This morning, we stepped outside
and the sun was already up,
shining the same way it always does,
steady, bright, unbothered.
It caught us both off guard.
There we were, squinting at the sky
like somebody flipped the world back on
without giving us a heads‑up.
We must’ve looked a little strange,
me with my crumpled morning face,
Nico leaning into my leg,
Both of us a little surprised
That the day showed up anyway.
And sitting there in that early light,
I realized the News can wait.
The world doesn’t need me
to hear every last thing it’s shouting.
Sometimes it’s enough
just to be here
when the sun decides to rise.
wcd

No comments:
Post a Comment