Wednesday, May 6, 2026

Sometimes You Win by Walking Away

 


Sometimes You Win by Walking Away
In those wide-eyed, sleepless hours
that often finds me late at night,
flipping through my mental Rolodex,
Remembering the times I walked away.
Not in anger, tears, or defeat, but when my soul exhaled and said, “Enough. You can quit."

In crazy games of midnight recall,
I realize the wisdom in choosing the other road;
the one that didn’t applaud, offer explanations, or have a last word.
Just a slow embrace of the peace I kept putting off;
My exit doors never needed slamming.
Some fights never even needed my name.
And my stories ended best when I closed them out gently, with a mind that was tired but still steady.
Walking away wasn’t losing.
It was honoring the part of me
that knew the difference
between holding on and holding back.
And when I finally moved forward,
mostly hesitant and unsure,
I carried something with me that no one can take:
the quiet victory of choosing myself,
And that I am going to be okay.
wcd

No comments:

Feedback, Please

Email Your Feedback/Thoughts

Send Feedback

Blog Visits